After Effects CC is part of Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they’re available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich library of training videos. And Creative Cloud is integrated with Behance, so you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
Table of Contents
- Selective color grading with Lumetri Color
- Take the guesswork out of curve adjustments with innovative new Lumetri Color tools for selective color correction. Each curve has two axes with paired values, making it easy to fine-tune colors accurately.
- Display color management
- Get accurate color representations and maintain color fidelity across your workflow, from After Effects to Premiere Pro and on rec709, rec202, and P3 displays.
- Improved Motion Graphics templates file exchange with Premiere Pro
- Access, modify or replace CSV, and TSV spreadsheet data in Premiere Pro to create dynamic, data-driven templates. The group controls so it’s easy to find editable properties in your Motion Graphics templates. Unlock font settings to let editors change fonts.
- Native Mocha AE plug-in for After Effects
- Get fast, accurate, precision planar tracking with the GPU-accelerated Mocha AE plug-in. It’s updated with a simplified interface, includes retina/high DPI support, and works natively inside After Effects.
- Create in VR 180, preview in headset
- Jump into immersive video with support for 180 VR. Add VR effects and work with 180 and 360 material interchangeably. Publish finished videos in the Google VR 180 format on YouTube or other platforms. A new Theater Mode option allows you to preview rectilinear content in a head-mounted display (HMD).
- Performance and GPU optimizations
- New GPU- and performance-optimizing effects include Fill, Curves, Exposure, Noise, Tritone, Set Matte, and Color Balance. The Wave Warp effect is now multithreaded and renders 2-3x faster by using multiple CPU cores. Experience faster H.264 and HEVC decoding on the latest macOS.
- Master Properties refinements
- Master Properties now enable more advanced workflows with support for Collapse Transformations, Time Remap, audio effects, motion blur, mask and shape path expressions, 3D cameras, and lights.
- Learn Panel
- After Effects beginner? The new Learn panel introduces you to the Timeline and controls via interactive tutorials to start you creating your composition quickly.
- Tighter integration with Animate and XD
- Import Animate .fla files as layered compositions directly into After Effects. Send your XD Design to After Effects with high fidelity to add advanced animation or build them into your motion graphics projects.
- Group invites for Team Projects
- Invite groups and team members from your enterprise address book — without typing in addresses — for more efficient communications.
- Format support improvements
- Get better performance from Panasonic, RED, and Sony camera formats with the latest support.
- Creative Cloud Library improvements
- Drag and drop assets such as Illustrator or Photoshop files into your CC Libraries panel to quickly access your After Effects compositions. Share your Libraries and assets with team members or export and store them with your project.
- Fixed an issue that caused After Effects 2021 to create and utilize “After Effects 2020” folder for User Presets, User Libraries, and User Videos.
- Fixed an issue with Real-Time 3D Draft Preview that caused the state to not be preserved when opening a saved project.
- Fixed an issue with Real-Time 3D Draft Preview that caused compositions to render incorrectly when multiple compositions were opened in individual viewers with Draft 3D enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused panning using space bar shortcut to not work in the render queue.
- Fixed an issue that caused using the custom keyboard shortcuts from After Effects 18.0 in
- After Effects 18.1 to break the “V” hotkey for Selection tool.